Join 4,634 other members by registering today.
The Egg Donation Procedure
The egg donation process is quite simple.
- Ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable. - Have a meeting to sign consent forms, etc.
- The process of egg donation and every thing involved in egg donation will be explained again.
- Have blood tests done on day 2 or 3 of your cycle. For these blood tests you will need to fast for about 10 hours before the test.
- If blood tests confirm that every thing is fine, next is the physical with the doctor.
- If all is fine, then you are ready to start the egg donation programme with your next menstrual cycle.
- This means you start taking medication to stimulate egg and follicle development for about 2 weeks.
- During this time you will be monitored closely by means of about 3 scans.
Please see the following: